Friday, October 4, 2013

Real/Reality

Since school started life has been hectic.
It is always hectic. Trying to figure out how all these pieces of the puzzle will fit together and how to make everything make since. How do we avoid stress? Well I find the BEST way is to give it to God but, we humans have problems with that REAL problems... more like excuses. We always have a problem with something. You may even have a problem with me saying that we all have a problem you may think that that is me being way to tough (it's not, it is tough love... moving on). Nobody is perfect and everyone learns. Everyone loves, all people make mistakes, disobey, think the wrong thing, get happy or excited, look ridiculous. Our challenge is to not let those oddities get under our skin to the point to where everything happening is a problem. Over the past few weeks things have been perfect... almost too perfect. This is another one of those times where I realize how different and silly I feel without problems. Sometimes I do the ridiculous and create them. Then sometimes I just sit on it and take it in.
The point is, is that we all have little weird things about us but, that is life isn't it? Nobody is flawless except God. Even Jesus had to pass gas he had "problems". I have my flaws but, I cannot stand sitting on them I sometimes can't stand having them but, I am not perfect and it will be a long time before I get there. Time is a factor in all this which leads me back to stress, giving it all to God and working through problems because in all reality our problems are not really problems when we give them up and sometimes our problems are in our head. Majority of the time they are very real though... that is why no matter what type of odd stress we have or challenge, God wants it, so we don't have to worry about it.
The funny thing about being 17 which isn't really funny at all is that we are in this awkward between stage that sounds and looks desperate and needy. We all look confused and act like we have it all figured out. We are all lonely and some of us are looking for a missing piece but, underneath a whole lot of junk we are all a lot alike in ways. We all are not kids and not adults and we are expected to act like adults with a good deal of responsibilities. Tonight I was walking around among a big crowd and 2 things happened that caught my attention.
The 1st was a boy, (now this was admittedly funny) I was wondering through usual thoughts about pieces of my self and who I want to be when I thought "No ma'am this body is NOT on the market for any man but God." When a seven foot boy looked at me and grinned that was when the most common girlish thing happened... my heart leaped and for the billionth time I responded with the question... "what do I want God?" The 2nd thing was group of kids... I know I sound desperately lonely when I say this but, I am not and you do need to keep in mind that I am a 17 year old girl who lives with her family that is just about all she sees. That is a big change when you move from hanging around 500 kids everyday to actually interacting with about 10 people per day (usually less). My head is just about always in the books. Back to the group of kids: there were 4 of them (again admittedly funny) and they were smoking. One girl and 3 guys all hanging out laughing. They were "of the world" but, having so much fun. It made me happy for them but also a bit envious of what they had. Something that (as desperate as I sound) I long for again. God has been the light unto my feet and I don't want every problem I have solved because then there would be no mystery. No mystery in life. So, that I can go through all my days not comparing one segment of life to the other.
We are all making decisions all living and stumbling through deciding what is real (God) or what is reality (the world...) because 'the world' wants you to only see there very unreal reality (it'll make since if you've been there or when you get there... or maybe not at all you get the gist!)
Honestly, the past few weeks have had me thinking. I love life and life... (like the Hannah Montana song) is what you make it. It can be filled with complaints or filled with dread to wake in the morning. We make that decision.
I only pray that you have the ears to hear if you need to hear. I love you all! Good night! God's Night! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment