Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fear and What's Behind It

Recently, I read a book called, "Divergent".
In it I learned about fear and how it can captivate you. How it can tangle you up and even mess up how you think and react. I also learned about bravery.
We are made to fear. Made to overcome difficulties and challenges.
Until recently I didn't realize that all these sayings that you hear growing up actually mean things! (huh? *gasp*)
Sometimes it means doing something your uncomfortable with or meeting someone new. People are afraid of the unknown. They shouldn't be.
If you are afraid. You must learn to overcome. How? By doing living and experiencing the good and the bad... the unknown.
Only fear GOD! Everything else is nothing compared to him.
I learned that people are different and make different mistakes. This shouldn't stop people from trying to do good. From trying to do better and fix their mistakes. We learn at all ages!
-Tris (main character) taught me a lot of things like:
    More about being brave
    More about fear and what it will do
    Why friends are important
    How to be a bad person trying to overcome and learn and be better.
I don't what connects and what doesn't all I can say is that no matter who you are, what your status, or relation is that we are human and sometimes we have to overcome hard stuff to have that peace.



Exodus 14:13 (KJV)
 "And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will show to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever."
Luke Ch. 12 V.4-7
"And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; so, I say to you, Fear him.
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows."
 
Proverbs 19:23 (ESV)
"The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm."
1 John 4:18 (ESV)
"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."

I have got a lot to learn and at 16 I don't know everything. I know that life is good it is SO GOOD!
This book really gave me courage to face my fears and see and think in a different light. I learned something maybe you can to. 

Life is so full of life and God and greatness :) Thank you I hope it connects.

No comments:

Post a Comment