We each have responsibilities and goals that we want to reach to live.
Life is filled with that kind of stuff, it is filled with life and death and love.
Life is wonderful.
With every responsibility comes respect and love. Truth. We decide how we want to make our lives, whether we want to make them miserable or full of joy and love.
We have duty. What is duty? It is what we are called to do. Who asks? people.
Sometimes people from beyond our imagination, sometimes the "BIG" people or sometimes our pears. People older or younger.
My parents asked me to go to bed early tonight. Something they will do ever so often (at the right moments) it reminds me that I am still not an adult yet.
Normally, I don't think of myself as bad or full of myself. I don't think of my self as someone to sass-back because I don't want to. There are times where I have disagreed and can't think or cope with my situation.
I have gotten angry.
In these cases it usually doesn't involve me. It involves the situation around me the people because people are just that: people... human. We make mistakes, I have made mistakes and irritated the ones around me.
Sometimes I can get carried away... thinking that I can do it all by myself. I need help and when I am 30 I will need help and company... when I am 40... 50.... 60... 72... etc. (it's not a math equation don't try and solve it). :) I will always need help as we all will.
I have learned a lot this year about being human and what that means. Lessons that have to be learned through experience (like most).
When my parents told me to go to bed early tonight with no TV I realized that I still have life left to live so much life. I have to get it right.
I could salvage the sin that I have missed out on still. I could go back.
I could act like a stereotype. Wear hot pink. Grow my hair out. Die it blond and straighten it. I could wear my pants on the ground and my shirts low. I don't and I won't.
Why am I telling you all this what is the conclusion?
Respect.
To others.
To yourself.
To your family.
To those around you.
To God.
It is more than to someone older or wiser (which is important... very!) it is to everyone. I am only 16. I don't know everything, I do know respect comes in different forms and fashions. It is something our humanity misses to respect each other. It is a responsibility and a duty. To ALL!
One last thing: There is nothing wrong with growing up, we must learn to do it at the right time in the right place. Childhood is in us when we keep our joy and laughter, when we keep our innocence.
My name means pure. I want to keep it that way.
Should be a goal for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment