Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Lost Time (The blog about God and "Doctor Who")
Recently I connected with a well-known series called Dr. Who.
I found out about this man who lives in a blue police box called a "Tardis". He travels through time and space to different planets and worlds. He takes a companion with him who is usually a woman.
He fights and celebrates and almost always wins (there are twists sometimes).
I read a blog about the guy who could do anything and take you anywhere, he was known as indestructable to his enemys and anyone who know him.
He is a funny man. He doesn't know his name and has been alive for hundreds of years.
He has two hearts and is the last of his kind.
His name is the doctor, friend to children, fear to monsters.
They teach in schools about evolution and science always avoiding the facts that lie beneath it. The fact that there really is a God and life that goes beyond what we know. I have been told before that it is ridiculous to think that there are not other living beings out there. Walking and talking, breathing and living.
You see, the universe is much BIGGER than a doctor who rules the sky's or can fly to Mars 10 yrs. earlier.
As much as I enjoy the show "Doctor Who" I have to say it is fiction but, so similar to fact.
The story of the attractive man in a box. Who saves you when you don't know it.
This blog isn't about him though it is about a lesson learned on a larger and grander scale.
God is someone many believe as fiction or don't believe at all they simply are lost. I find though that he is more with that he is someone you can talk and relate to. Cry to when your sad or laugh with when your happy. He takes you on adventures to see different things from different points of view. You can see him... maybe not physically but, with so much more than that. Like a blind person can see the world around her. God gave him/her the sight to see.
In all reality God spoke to me the other day and told me to back away and look around me. At the things I say that I "love" (keep in mind scripture says "God IS Love").
He told me to look at Dr. Who and he showed me that GOD IS MY DOCTOR.
He is the one who will take me on adventures and LOVE me. That he will save me and remake me. That though you can't see him physically now we will one day.
Girls like kind of stuff. Someone to sweep them off their feet. Guys like being the hero. Funny thing is is both girls and guys WANT a hero.
Which is why we like Doctor Who so much.
What keeps a lot of us from seeing the truth is because we want to just SEE. Sometimes it takes believing a little faith to see.
God is my REAL-LIFE doctor as I am his companion. Don't forget that he is handsome and he makes me beautiful.
God is my doctor. God is my reality. My choice and my life. I love him.
The difference: I won't die in the end.
-I will say that God is God and man is man that is the biggest difference in the world.
~John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
~1 Corinthians 8:6 - But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.
~Psalms 110:1 - (A Psalm of David.) The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment